I recently picked up some USAF Yearbooks to fill some holes in my collection, and it prompted a idea along the lines of "this year in history"!!
So... did you know that in 1995:-
- The SR71 returned to service for a short stint;
- The C-17A flew its first operational flight - that means its now been in service for 15 years!;
- The USAF agreed to buy the CV-22;
- The first overseas deployment of the B-2A took place when it landed at Paris/Le Bourget;
- The USAF selected the Raytheon Beech Mk II as the winner of the JPATS competition - this became the T-6 Texan II;
- The 11th RS was activated at Nellis AFB to operate the RQ-1 Predator, although actual flights were to be from Indian Springs;
- The last Minuteman II was retired from service, having been removed from its silo at Malmstrong AFB;
- The first C-130 (53-3129) was retired;
- The last F-15B (77-0156) was also retired;
- The first F-111E's to be retired left Cannon AFB
A busy year for the USAF!