|Decal Sheet ID||72-066|
|Decal Sheet Title||Screaming Demons|
|Types Featured||QF-4G, CV-22B, EA-6B|
Wolfpak Decals sheet 72-066 "Screaming Demons" covers a number of interesting types, including two QF-4Gs from the 53rd WEG, three CV-22Bs (two from the 352d SOG and one from the 27th SOW) and an EA-6B from VAQ-133 in a "one-off" desert camouflage scheme. The airframes covered are:-
- 69-7209 QF-4G-43-MC "TD" from the 82nd ATRS, 53rd WEG based at Tyndall AFB during October 2005. This carried it's earlier F-4G Hill Grey II scheme comprising FS16118 over FS16270 with FS12197 Inernational Orange tail fin, wing tips and stabilators and black tail codes;
- 69-7214 QF-4G-43-MC "HD" from Det 1 of the 82nd ATRS, 53rd WEG based at Holloman AFB during October 2005. This also carried the Hill Grey II scheme comprising FS16118 over FS16270 with FS12197 Inernational Orange tail fin, wing tips and stabilators and black tail codes;
- 161120 EA-6B "NL" from VAQ-133 in Afghanistan during September 2007. This aircraft carried a special camouflage scheme comprising FS30140, FS30400 and FS30279 with all markings in black. VAQ-133 was one of the Expeditionary squadrons created by the US Navy to replace the EF-111A;
- 08-0040 CV-22B from the 20th SOS, 27th SOW based at Cannon AFB during 2013. This was painted in the two tone grey scheme comprising FS36118 over FS36293 with markings in light grey;
- 11-0057 CV-22B from the 7th SOS, 352d SOG based at RAF Mildenhall during November 2013. Again, this was in FS36118 over FS36293 with light grey markings;
- 11-0058 CV-22B from the 7th SOS, 352d SOG based at RAF Mildenhall during November 2013. FS36118 over FS36293 with light grey markings.
Instructions comprise a single side view of each aircraft and black-and-white views of the camouflage schemes. The sheet itself is printed by Fantasy Printshop.
This sheet is quite useful, especially for the EA-6B in it's desert scheme which I don't believe has been covered by any other decal manufacturer in 1/72.
Review and images by Chris St Clair